Friday, October 1, 2010

Shadowing

I went to the writing center for my second week of shadowing (the first week my person didn't show up). Once again, the person who I was supposed to be shadowing was not there. I'm thinking I am going to need to get into contact with them and make sure that they meet at the writing center and not the library or something. Anyways, the situation was remedied because I just shadowed someone else that I know who had some consultations at that time. I sat in on one of her consultations which was for a girl in a sociology class who was required to go to the writing center by the teacher. She said that everyone in the class was required to go. Her writing prompt was to apply a theory to a film that they recently watched in class. The consultant started by looking at her paper while she filled out a form. Then they went over together piece by piece parts that may need some work. For the most part, the essay was good and only needed a little bit of work on transitions and clarifying some things. The session went well and I learned how to deal with people who maybe are required to go to the center by the teacher and who have a pretty complete paper when they come in. All in all, it was a good learning experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment