Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Research Pt. 2 Literature vs. Writing

http://muse.jhu.edu/journals/pedagogy/v010/10.1.bousquet.html

The second article that I found is in no way, shape, or form related to the first article that I found, and I apologize for this but I just found this very interesting and wanted to share it. The author, Bousquet, recounts the decline of literary studies and the possibilities for a new sort of English that is tied closer to writing in the future. Bousquet references North, the author of one of the articles we read in class. The article talks about how the study of English is in a decline, but the study of writing is continually more relevant in subjects across the curriculum. With this decline of the study of literature in the traditional sense, comes a need for English to be more focused on writing and rhetoric that is more relevant to other courses. I don't know if I am explaining this as well as I hope to, so you all should really check out the article because it is very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment